Sunday, July 26, 2015
When you are putting together a classroom, we all know the usual things a teacher needs. However, there are some items a teacher should have in each classroom. Here are the top 10 things teachers need in their classrooms.
1. Hand sanitizer. Kids and classrooms together make germ factories. Protect yourself during flu season and beyond.
2. Pencils. No student should have an excuse. Just give 'em one. Sharpen them up to start the day. The school might supply a box or two. Check the classroom floor after each class. Pens and pencils seem to accumulate.
3. A radio or CD player. You can lesson plan and grade better with music or news. Your students might also get a kick out of music to work by.
4. Extra writing paper. See pencils above.
5. Extra chalk or whiteboard markers. If you write a lot on the board, you need plenty of spares.
6. Tissue paper. You know, kleenex.
7. Snacks for you. Between classes or recess, you will need a quick recharge. Don't let students know you have them.
8. Bottle of water. See #7.
9. Emergency substitute teacher plans. Have some packer somewhere that can be used in case of emergencies.
10. Yourself. Okay, things happen. That's why #9 is here. But the best teacher your students can have on any given day, is you. Be there.
Check out teacher supplies .
Be sure and visit: TeachersIndex.com for more teaching tips.